Commercial Property Purchases and Sales York, Wetherby & Malton
The acquisition and disposal of commercial property can be complex. At Ware & Kay Solicitors, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in dealing with commercial property transactions and can provide the necessary advice and assistance across the full range of transactions and types of property.
When buying or selling commercial property, certain formalities and requirements must be met. We can advise clients on their specific rights and obligations, based on their legal status, whether that is as a limited company, partnership or an individual, ensuring that they are provided with the best options to suit their requirements.
In addition to legal advice, we can put our clients in contact with other professionals, such as surveyors and accountants, in whom we have confidence.
Types of Commercial Property
Our expert commercial property team have extensive experience in the acquisition and disposal of freehold and long leasehold commercial property. Our experience includes a full range of asset categories, including:
- Restaurants and public houses
- Industrial factories and warehouses
- Mixed-use schemes
Whatever the purpose of acquiring or disposing of a property, our expertise and commercial approach will ensure you receive the best possible support and guidance. We can assist you with purchases for investment purposes, owner occupation, development opportunities, options, conditional contracts and promotion agreements, as well as acquiring or selling via auction and buying property with finance.
The Purchase Process
Acquiring property requires specialist advice. It is important to be aware of any legal issues which could have an adverse impact on the value of the property, or the ability to re-let, sell or finance the property in the future.
We deal with and advise on, the full range of legal issues associated with acquiring a commercial property including:
- heads of terms;
- the most appropriate structure for the acquisition;
- investigating and reporting on the property, including obtaining searches and raising enquiries with the seller and dealing with the responses received;
- ensuring contractual protections are in place;
- reporting to any lender that is involved and dealing with their requirements.
The Sales Process
Our services include:
- negotiating heads of terms;
- carrying out due diligence to anticipate any issues that might require further investigation (such as the capital allowances position or any occupational lease status);
- preparation of a contract and title pack;
- obtaining any necessary third-party consents;
- dealing with enquiries from the purchaser;
- post-completion arrangements with monies and serving any required notices.
Contact our Commercial Property Lawyers in Yorkshire
We understand how important it is to work closely with clients to manage their property transaction as smoothly and efficiently as possible. We have a commercial approach that seeks to anticipate any issues that may arise and minimise the potential for delay or failure to complete.
To find out more about our Commercial Property services and how we can help you, call us today on 01904 716000 (York) or 01937 583210 (Wetherby) or 01653 692247 (Malton), or complete our online enquiry form and we will get back to you right away.